Support the Center for Exoplanets & Habitable Worlds
The Center for Exoplanets and Habitable Worlds seeks to discover planets beyond our solar system, to characterize planetary systems and their host stars, and to understand the implications of the abundance of potentially habitable planets for the possibility of life beyond Earth and the origins of our own solar system.
Are you interested in helping to make this vision a reality?
The Center for Exoplanets & Habitable Worlds was founded in 2008 with the goal of building Penn State into a world leader in research related to exoplanets and potentially habitable worlds beyond our solar system. Since then, exoplanet related research at Penn State has blossomed. With support from Penn State, Eberly College of Science, and the Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics Department, the Center has built a strong team of faculty and postdoctoral researchers who are world leaders in this exciting, rapidly developing field. Penn State undergraduate and graduate students routinely engage with our faculty and post-doctoral researchers in cutting-edge research, ranging from observations of planets and brown dwarfs, to theoretical modeling of star and planet formation to the hands-on development of advanced instrumentation for world-leading astronomical observatories. Penn State students have contributed to numerous discoveries ranging from finding some of the closest stars to the Sun to characterizing super-Earth planets.
Would you like to cement Penn State’s Center for Exoplanets & Habitable Worlds as one of the world’s leading centers for exciting research in areas such as the search for habitable planets?
Artwork by Lynette Cook. Copyright 2014. Used with permission.
The Center for Exoplanets & Habitable Worlds:
- Provides Penn State students and postdoctoral researchers with seed funding to explore new research directions.
- Brings leading researchers from beyond Penn State to give research seminars and foster collaborations with Center members.
- Supports Penn state graduate students and researchers in presenting their results at major scientific meetings and networking with other research teams.
- Attracts high quality young students and world-leading young researchers to join the Penn State team.
- Organizes scientific meetings that help advance exoplanet search world-wide and enhance the professional development of Penn State students.
- Contributes to Penn State’s community outreach events, such as AstroFest.
Make a Gift
Thank you for choosing to make a gift to support the Center for Exoplanets and Habitable Worlds. Your support is greatly appreciated and will enhance the Center’s pioneering research, education and outreach efforts.
Have questions about how your support can enhance the Center for Exoplanets and Habitable Worlds? Need help with deciding on how to direct your gift?
Please feel free to contact:
Senior Director of Development
430 Joab L. Thomas Building
University Park, PA 16802